Balancing calm with a careful dose of discretion is important. Due to covid-19, we have tried to be as available to our patients as possible. We have shifted from primarily office-based visits to mostly telephone and video-based ‘visits’. There is a doctor available in the office Monday through Friday. We recognize that this has led to a period of adjustment. As we aim to provide safety guidelines to protect all of us, we have introduced the following protocols in our clinic during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Patients with respiratory symptoms, such as a cough, sore throat, fever or runny nose, will only be offered a phone or video consult.
- Patients who have been in contact with an individual who has Covid-19 or is suspected to have Covid-19 will not be seen in the office. However, you can arrange for a telephone visit with your doctor.
- Patients who have travelled out of the country must quarantine for 14 days prior to their appointment.
- NO WALK INS will be accepted. If you do not have an appointment, you will not be seen. Appointments are required to see a doctor or nurse. Appointments are also required to come to the lab for bloodwork. Appointments can be booked via email or phone to our office. Please choose one method only.
- In order to control the number of patients in the waiting rooms, the number of available appointments each day are limited. Doctors office time has also decreased.
- If you have an appointment, you must arrive ON TIME. If you are 15 minutes late, you will have to rebook your appointment.
- Patients must come to the office UNESCORTED. No one can be accompanied to an appointment unless the appointment is for a child, a senior or someone requiring a caregiver for health reasons. (One escort per these patients.)
- Masks must be worn by everyone over 2 years old when in the office. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you. Upon entering the office, please use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Please check in at reception. Keep your distance from the desk.
- The distance between chairs in the waiting rooms has been adjusted to abide by the required 2m of social distancing. Please use the dedicated chairs only.
- Our physicians, nurse and lab technician wear full personal protective equipment- gowns, gloves and eye protection and masks.
- Doors in common areas are being left open so that you do not have to touch door handles.
- All efforts are being made to clean and sanitize the waiting rooms and treatment rooms throughout the day. High touch surfaces such as door handles and chairs are also being disinfected regularly.
- Our doctors cannot provide notes to state it is safe for patients to return to school, daycare or work because they have had symptoms compatible with Covid-19 infection. Please fill out the COVID-19 Self-Attestation Form for Return to Work/COVID-19 Parent-Attestation Form for Return to School and Child Care available on the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) website if you require a note for clearance to return to work, recreational activities, school or child care.
A list of Toronto Covid-19 Testing Centres with their age limits is posted on COVID-19: Have Symptoms or Been Exposed.
We appreciate your cooperation as we continue to look out for everyone’s safety and well-being.
The Forest Hill Family Health Centre Team